Thursday 10 July 2008

Facelight

I made a menu-driven, adjustable facelight for Pulse this week, and I'm quite pleased at how well it has worked out. It will be distributed free of charge at the Pulse store in Nip Tuck Island (the dispenser will be there quite soon, in the meantime IM me in-world if you want a copy right now).

Making it was something of a public service, really, because SL is over-full of people with facelights that are just hideously bright. I've seen some that light up entire clubs, and others that were so badly tuned that you couldn't see the wearer's skin at all: the over-bright light washed all the detail out of their skins.

I am surprised to infer how few people really look at their avatars, when I see such things. Why would you spend thousands of L$ on a skin, then wear a badly-made facelight that obliterates all its details? How could you look at yourself wearing it and not see that your skin is utterly featureless and bleached out? Odd.

So, we are distributing dim facelights! They cast just enough light to let people see your lovely features, without blinding other people or spoiling the lighting effects of the sim where you are standing. They are free, adjustable by on-screen dialog, and they work really well. Come and get them!

1 comment:

Corvi, Corey, Crow, Maggie and Raven said...

I really love my facelight...I never had one before. I tried one on from another place, and it was, indeed horrible. It made me look like there was a candle under my chin...

This one is like the soft light on an aging movie star, or the cover of vogue...it just makes me look younger, more vibrant..not like a face in a low budget horror movie.

Well that sounds like an ad..but its not.