Friday 23 May 2008

Busy

My buddy Lorac has been making skins to sell in her shop Pulse, and Corvi and I have been up late every other day for two weeks "test-driving" them for her. Curse the round world and its timezones!

They are lovely skins, quite beautiful, handpainted in a great range of skin tones* and makeup styles — and different appearances of nipples too! Some will be available with freckles, which I like, and she has promised to make a few with the appearance of real lived-in skin: moles and marks and little scars. They are still prototypes so I can't post photos yet, but they should be in the store this weekend!

[Update: they are indeed up, and Eidolon blogged about them, with pictures. (Warning: virtual nakedness. I don't know why it should be necessary to say that, but apparently it is. Sigh.)]

In other news I have also been working on my Cushicle, and it too is progressing quite well as far as appearance goes. The body is made, and has working canopy and propeller; I still want to improve the inside fittings though, to make it softer and more comfortable. I want it to feel more like a living room in a holiday house, than a vehicle. Unfortunately, there is a maximum of 31 prims in a vehicle! I have only three more prims with which to complete the interior furnishings. /me muses quietly.

The Cushicle's flight script is still terrible, though. It will not fly straight up or down, but always moves forward or backward at the same time — randomly! And while flying it changes attitude, its nose sometimes points quite steeply up or down. Ah well, at least I will have something to do this weekend.

* Clarification, to avoid confusion and unhappiness: Pulse released one skin tone last weekend, a lovely light tan in sixteen makeup variations; Lorac is now working on the second tone which will be a Nordic type, a healthy pale-pink skin.

3 comments:

Eidolon Aeon said...

Curious, were you careful about the type of prim you put the script itself it? I understand that makes a huge difference with vehicles.

Corvi, Corey, Crow, Maggie and Raven said...

how is that Cushicle doing now, on Monday?

Wol said...

Eidolon: as far as I can tell by reading the LSL wiki and other sources, yes: the root is the driver's seat and it is correctly un-rotated relative to the vehicle's motion. More than that I cannot say, there is no consistent and complete source of scripting information on which one could rely. If and when I get this properly sorted out, I will update the Wiki with a clearly-worded explanation, and publish the script.

Corvi: I didn't get much done on hte weekend, because of other commitments (dancing, testing skins ...), so it still doesn't work as before.